Sunday, December 12, 2010

Six Sentence Sunday

I hope everyone is having an awesome Sunday.  I will bring more of Tairyn next week, but until then the following excerpt is from Erasing Teresa, a completed WIP.  Enjoy.


Leaves swirled around me as if I were in the middle of a cyclone.  A slow burn began in the depths of my belly, radiated outwards, and crept down the length of my arms.  The ground below me shot out bright bursts of blinding light.  Behind Barrett hung a large looking glass framed in gold, which reflected an image of a hideous hunter laced with numerous scars.  Red tally marks appeared and disappeared one by one, a chilling indicator of all the immortal lives he had claimed.  A silver sword unseen by the regular eye was slung across his back and the lies he had told me over the years dripped off him. 
             Check out other excellent stories

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fierce description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lies dripped off him? That is an incredible, incredible image and I love your writing style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the lies he had told me over the years dripped off him. " I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like my kind of story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure I don't like Barrett ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I am totally intrigued! The description of the Hunter is simply captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the magical image of the lies dripping off of him. Great visual!

    ReplyDelete